This post is for RateFast users who want to use the RateFast web application to write a PR-4 report. This article assumes that your patient and their injury have already been created in your RateFast practice account. Last updated August 30th, 2016.
Do you want to use RateFast to write a perfect PR-4 report—complete with an accurate impairment rating? You’ve come to the right article. Here’s what you need to do to write a PR-4 report for your patient and help conclude their work injury claim.
Continue reading How to create PR-4 reports in RateFast
This article is for RateFast users who want to change the address, phone number, fax number, office locations, and billing information in their RateFast account. Last updated on July 12th, 2016.
If you have a RateFast Practice Account for your hospital, clinic, or organization, then you may need to update information about your practice.
Continue reading How to update your practice address, phone, and other contact information in RateFast
This article is for RateFast users who want to save a completed report from RateFast to their computer. Last updated on July 5th, 2016.
After you finish your RateFast report, you may want to save it to your computer so that you can easily access, print, or fax it. You can quickly access and download a particular report in RateFast by following the steps below.
Continue reading How to Download a RateFast Report in 5 Easy Steps (with images)
This post is intended for RateFast users who want to invite other users to join their RateFast practice account. Last updated on April 26th, 2016.
Inviting other members of your clinic or organization to join your RateFast practice account is easy, as described in this article about how to invite new users.
But what can you do if you’ve sent an invitation to somebody and they never got the email? Or they got the email but lost it?
Fear not: there’s an easy solution.
1. Login to your RateFast account.
2. Click your name in the upper right corner.
3. Click the “Users” link.
4. Search for the exact email address of the person whom you have previously invited. (Their “Status” should display as “Invited”.)
5. Click the orange “Resend invitation” button.
6. Your colleague should receive another invitation email!
Still having problems?
- You will only see the “Resend Invitation” button if you are a RateFast admin. If you’re not a RateFast admin and you need to have an invitation re-sent, then show this article to the admin of your practice account.
- Check alternate inboxes, such as “Promotions” or “Junk”.
- Verify that your associate is checking the correct email address.
- Still not working? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is intended for RateFast users who want to invite other users to join their RateFast practice. Last updated on March 17th, 2017.
If you’ve just joined RateFast, then you may want other members of your staff to join your practice to help collaborate on writing and tracking workers’ compensation reports.
What You Need
- A RateFast Practice Account. Don’t have your own Practice Account? Join for free at https://rate-fast.com/signup
- You need to be an “Admin” or “Superadmin” user. If you were the person who signed up for your own Practice Account, then you’re automatically a Superadmin.
- One or more colleagues who want to join your Practice Account.
How to Invite Users
In order to bring your colleagues into your RateFast account, you need to invite them as new users. Here’s how it works:
1. Login to your RateFast practice account at https://rate-fast.com/login
2. Once you’re in, click the button in the upper right corner where your username displays, then click the “Invite Users” link.
3. Then, enter the information about the people you want to invite to join your practice. This is where you can assign their role and permissions.
To learn more about roles and permissions, check out our blog post about the different user levels.
4. If you want to invite multiple people, click the “Add Another” button.
5. To send the invitation, click the “Send” button.
This will send an email to your colleague inviting them to sign up for Ratefast. The email will contain a link. Ask your colleague to click the link, choose their username, password, and other details, and then login to the practice account.
If they already have a RateFast user account associated with the email you invited, then they will receive an email inviting them to login to your practice account using their normal username. In this case, there is no need to find the invitation email, nor choose a new username/password.
6. Confirm that the email is received.
It may appear to your colleague that the invitation email hasn’t been received. There are two common reasons why this happens:
- The email was mistyped. Try to invite the email address again by repeating step 3.
- The email has been marked as junk mail. Ask your invited-colleague to check their Spam folder.
- The email may have been directed to another folder. To find the invitation, ask your invited-colleague to search their entire email system for the keyword “ratefast”. This should pull up a list of all emails sent from RateFast, including the invitation email.
This article is intended for RateFast users who have questions about the Whole Person Impairment ratings that come with each PR-4 Permanent & Stationary work injury report.
This FAQ contains answers to a few common questions that we’ve received regarding RateFast impairment ratings.
We pride ourselves in the accuracy of our impairment ratings, and would be happy to explain how they are being calculated. If your question isn’t answered here, then please contact us with questions about your PR-4 report.
Continue reading Frequently Asked Questions about Impairment Ratings
Whenever you order a treatment for an injured worker, you also need to complete a Request for Authorization form. Completing and keeping track of RFAs for every treatment and referral isn’t always easy. And it’s never fun. We know.
Fortunately, there’s now a solution.
Continue reading Never Fill Out an RFA again: How to Write and Track RFAs in RateFast
Each RateFast user has a User Level. Your User Level determines how much information you can access in your patients’ workers’ compensation report.
This article describes how to assign a user’s User Level, and what each User Level means.
Continue reading What Are the Different User Levels in RateFast?
As of October 1st 2015, U.S. medical providers are required to use ICD-10 codes instead of ICD-9 codes.
Although there are more than 70,000 new codes (many of which feature an overwhelming amount of specificity) we believe that this transition can—and should—be simplified with the help of medical software.
Continue reading How to Simplify ICD-10 Codes Using RateFast
Accurately sending your bill for a PR-4 report can be a time consuming process, but it doesn’t need to be.
The RateFast PR-4 Billing Calculator counts the amount of pages in your PR-4 report, asks some basic questions, and then prints out a bill at the end of your report.
This article describes how to turn on the billing calculator and how to use it correctly.
Continue reading Automatic billing for your PR-4 reports! How to use the RateFast Billing Calculator