This post is intended for RateFast users who want to invite other users to join their RateFast practice. Last updated on March 17th, 2017.
If you’ve just joined RateFast, then you may want other members of your staff to join your practice to help collaborate on writing and tracking workers’ compensation reports.
What You Need
- A RateFast Practice Account. Don’t have your own Practice Account? Join for free at https://rate-fast.com/signup
- You need to be an “Admin” or “Superadmin” user. If you were the person who signed up for your own Practice Account, then you’re automatically a Superadmin.
- One or more colleagues who want to join your Practice Account.
How to Invite Users
In order to bring your colleagues into your RateFast account, you need to invite them as new users. Here’s how it works:
1. Login to your RateFast practice account at https://rate-fast.com/login
2. Once you’re in, click the button in the upper right corner where your username displays, then click the “Invite Users” link.
3. Then, enter the information about the people you want to invite to join your practice. This is where you can assign their role and permissions.
To learn more about roles and permissions, check out our blog post about the different user levels.
4. If you want to invite multiple people, click the “Add Another” button.
5. To send the invitation, click the “Send” button.
This will send an email to your colleague inviting them to sign up for Ratefast. The email will contain a link. Ask your colleague to click the link, choose their username, password, and other details, and then login to the practice account.
If they already have a RateFast user account associated with the email you invited, then they will receive an email inviting them to login to your practice account using their normal username. In this case, there is no need to find the invitation email, nor choose a new username/password.
6. Confirm that the email is received.
It may appear to your colleague that the invitation email hasn’t been received. There are two common reasons why this happens:
- The email was mistyped. Try to invite the email address again by repeating step 3.
- The email has been marked as junk mail. Ask your invited-colleague to check their Spam folder.
- The email may have been directed to another folder. To find the invitation, ask your invited-colleague to search their entire email system for the keyword “ratefast”. This should pull up a list of all emails sent from RateFast, including the invitation email.
Whenever you order a treatment for an injured worker, you also need to complete a Request for Authorization form. Completing and keeping track of RFAs for every treatment and referral isn’t always easy. And it’s never fun. We know.
Fortunately, there’s now a solution.
Continue reading Never Fill Out an RFA again: How to Write and Track RFAs in RateFast
Each RateFast user has a User Level. Your User Level determines how much information you can access in your patients’ workers’ compensation report.
This article describes how to assign a user’s User Level, and what each User Level means.
Continue reading What Are the Different User Levels in RateFast?
As of October 1st 2015, U.S. medical providers are required to use ICD-10 codes instead of ICD-9 codes.
Although there are more than 70,000 new codes (many of which feature an overwhelming amount of specificity) we believe that this transition can—and should—be simplified with the help of medical software.
Continue reading How to Simplify ICD-10 Codes Using RateFast
Accurately sending your bill for a PR-4 report can be a time consuming process, but it doesn’t need to be.
The RateFast PR-4 Billing Calculator counts the amount of pages in your PR-4 report, asks some basic questions, and then prints out a bill at the end of your report.
This article describes how to turn on the billing calculator and how to use it correctly.
Continue reading Automatic billing for your PR-4 reports! How to use the RateFast Billing Calculator
If you’re a current RateFast user, then you’ll recognize these exams from the “Objective Findings” section of your Doctor’s First, PR-2, and PR-4 reports.
All the information in the Objective Findings examinations should be, well, objective: any other medical provider should be able to examine the patient’s injury and come back with the same results.
Some parts of an Objective Findings examination require you to take measurements using various pieces of equipment (such as goniometers and inclinometers) or to perform different types of tests (such as distal neurovascular exams and monofilament testing).
Click here for a full list of the body part exams that are currently written into the RateFast application.
In order to write workers’ compensation reports using RateFast, you first need to create a patient.
This article tells you how to add basic information about your patient into the RateFast system, so you can start writing workers’ compensation reports.
Continue reading How to Add a New Patient in RateFast
In order to guarantee accurate impairment ratings and truly complete work-comp reports, the Ratefast app guides users through various medical examinations according to the requirements of the AMA Guides.
RateFast asks questions, prompts you to indicate abnormalities, and requests that you take measurements based on your patient’s injury. A set of these questions and prompts for measurements are called exams.
RateFast currently has customized exams for injuries to the following body parts:
- AMA Guides 5th edition cervical spine exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition thoracic spine exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition lumbar spine exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition shoulder exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition elbow exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition wrist exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition thumb exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition index finger exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition middle finger exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition ring finger exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition little finger exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition pelvis/hip exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition shoulder exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition knee exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition ankle/foot exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition toe exam
- AMA Guides 5th edition skin exam (for various skin areas)
If you’re a current RateFast user and you want to learn how to access the body part exams, then check out this article in the How to Use RateFast – Basic Tasks section.